Get a jump on the long weekend ahead – start planning how you’ll be spending your days off. I’ve got some ideas to get you started:
1. Check out the All-breeds Dog Show at the Hampton Roads Convention Center on Saturday and Sunday.
2. Marvel at the “stomping, roaring” Dinosaurs! at the Virginia Living Museum beginning this Saturday.
3. Speaking of “Marvel,” have you seen Marvel’s The Avengers, yet? No? You may be the only person on Earth who hasn’t. This weekend, while temperatures are soaring, claim a seat in a local air-conditioned theater and settle in for a couple of hours.
Also worth watching: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Men in Black III, and The Pirates! Band of Misfits.
4. Get in on the inaugural year of Busch Garden’s Verbolten multi-launch rollercoaster. The Big Bad Wolf has been vanquished and Verbolten has risen in its place, racing through the Black Forest, then plunging 88 feet toward the Rhine River. Sounds relaxing!
5. Stake out your spot for a good old-fashioned Memorial Day Parade in Yorktown. Get there early and you can march along with the Fifes and Drums of Yorktown.
6. Sway to the sounds of Big Bands on the Bay, a perennial Norfolk favorite, this Sunday at 7 PM, at Ocean View Beach Park.
7. Grab some friends and cruise the Elizabeth River on the American Rover tall sailing ship this weekend and Memorial Day.
8. Looking for indoor fun? Try your hand at bowling at AMF Norfolk Lanes, right across the street from our clinic. They’ve got snacks, video games, and – oh yeah – bowling! Great for the kids, too.
9. Scare the pants off jet skiers from your seat on the Rudee Rocket Boat, launching its 2012 season on Memorial Day.
10. If all else, fails, hit the Memorial Day sales. (No need for a link – they’re everywhere!)
P.S. Look here and here for past holiday recommendations.
Read Full Post »